Friday 11 May 2018

May 15 Demo at WASA

Sugar Glider



This Tuesday Night, May 15, the Wildlife Art Society of Australasia (WASA) has kindly asked me to do a demo. This will be held at the Box Hill Library meeting room, Whitehorse Road, Box Hill Victoria 7pm for a 7.30 start. It is free for members and for guests - all welcome. 
I will be drawing a Sugar Glider using Graphitint pencils supported by graphite, carbon and white pastel pencil on a 300gsm grey Art Spectrum art paper I found at my local Art Shed. This is the first time I have tried this paper, but it has a nice weight and lovely textured surface.
The little 'pos shown here is a test drawing I have just completed to trial the pencils on this paper.
Observations and photographic references were taken earlier this year at the Moonlit Sanctuary in Pearcedale. A wonderful sanctuary for Australian wildlife - especially nocturnal animals.

Do come along to the Demo in Box Hill if you can! Would love to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment