Wednesday 17 April 2019

Bridgewater Bay

I need to work on waves.


I was asked to exhibit some works at the Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron Art Exhibition this year. Today was  deliver day and as I was on the Peninsula I took to the opportunity to hike down to one of the back beaches - Bridgewater Bay, Ritchie Street entrance. The tide was high and the surf was rolling in - huge breakers, rough and wild. No tide-pool walking today! So I sat on a rock and did a quick 1/2 hour sketch in my 9 x 5" book with pan watercolours and Adele pens in black and sepia.
As I said, I need to do more wave work, mine are a bit sickly - I kept thinking how Hokusai spent years studying waves. This is the first ocean view I have attempted in many years and the waves were difficult to catch!
If you are out for a drive this Easter weekend on the Mornington Peninsula stop into the Blairgowrie Yacht Club and view the
  Art Show - some pretty fine works were going up when I dropped in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment