Tuesday 10 March 2020

HC at the VAS

2020 George Hicks Foundation Contemporary Exhibition

Wow! Last night I was awarded a Highly Commended at the 2020 VAS George Hicks Foundation Contemporary Exhibititon. This was a delightful surprise  - especially as I had to be coaxed into exhbiting (thank you Kris). I didn't think I had anything really contemporary enough as I am not really an abastract style of artist. But contemporary really means of the now, made today,  so I took a chance and entered my work 'Flight of the Wingnuts'.

This work was initially exhibited last year at Tacit in my solo show 'Flights of Fancy' and this was only its' second outing.
The judge was Robin Stewart, an exceptional Melbourne artist with a strong interest in abstract/figurative painting. He said some very nice things about this work and his support is especially encouraging.  He even kindly signed my award for me. 😊


HC from VAS

No comments:

Post a Comment