Friday 17 April 2020

Drawing Challenge

Hello Art Friend!
Once you have weeded the garden, cooked too many cakes, cleaned everything possible, binged watched Netflix until your eyes swim, run out of new books to read... you need to get back to the drawing board! With all my classes cancelled for the foreseeable future I am sure some of you are scratching your head wondering how to keep up your drawing enthusiasm and momentum.  I have decided to run a 'Drawing Prompt' series during Term 2 through my blog and I invite you to join in and draw along.
Each Monday, starting on April 27, I will post on this blog a prompt, an idea, word or phrase that will inspire you to create a drawing in a journal. If you wish, you may send me an image of your drawing and I will post it the following week - all art should be sent by Friday of that weeks' Prompt. 
Rules
  1. Please become a follower of this blog to fully participate. However, if you wish to use the prompts and not show your work that is totally fine.
  2. A new prompt will be posted as a Term 2 project each Monday for 8 weeks. April 27 to June 22 (or until such time as I decide to end it).
  3.  I MAY suggest types of media that you perhaps should try for each prompt, but you are not compelled to use such.
  4. If you wish your artwork to be displayed on my blog, please contact me via the email button on right for further instructions.
  5. Any art should be sent to me by the Friday of that weeks Prompt.
  6. Artwork must be labelled as follows: YourName_WeekNumber
  7. Artwork must be jpeg and not larger than 2mg, rgb format, 72ppi. Artwork that is too large or wrong format will not be used. Please understand I cannot correct your photos and have limited disk space so wrong sized images will not be shown.
  8. All artwork will be deleted from my system after posting. I will not keep copies so ensure that you do so.
  9. Please include any information regarding media and paper in your email.
  10. Anything I deem offensive will not be posted. 
  11. Respect copyright laws. Anything I feel infringes copyright will not be posted.
  12. You are encouraged to comment on the works posted on the blog - you must become a follower to do so.
  13. Show  your journal for all to see! Bring to your class once it resumes (if you attend one) or show your family and friends. If you have used a quality journal your works may even be suitable to be framed for an exhibition!
Medium/format:
  • It is recommended, but not compusory,  that art be created in a journal. This can be a visual art diary, a watercolour book, etc. I suggest no smaller than A5 and no larger than A3. I am using a Winsdor Newton Visual Diary A5 size, 200gsm. 
  • If you get inspired and want to work larger after doing an initial journal entry, and create a more finished work go for it! These prompts are open ended
  • Any medium can be used, however, this is a drawing class so mediums that create line are favoured. Some mediums may be suggested but are not compulsory.
Hints and Tips:
  • If you can, set up a dedicated space for your art practice. It doesn't have to be a large area, but it should be somewhere you can leave set up. You will be more inclined to work if you don't have to pack and unpack each time you think of drawing.
  • Ask your family to respect this area. Especially children. Really, kids are pencil thieves. This is your space.
  • Try to set a schedule if you can. I work everyday for a minimum of 4 hours. But even if you just allocate the once a week 2 hour time-frame when you would usually be in a class that would be great.
  • Art supply stores will deliver! Look at your local Art Store website for what is available. You don't have to leave home to get your materials.
Hope you all stay well (and sane) during this time and will join me in drawing!
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, nice idea 👍
    Is digital drawing allowed pls? 😁
    Best regards.
    PogArt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are 'drawing' that is fine. Digital is just another fancy-pants pencil!

    ReplyDelete