Thursday 30 April 2020

Drawing Prompt #1 - Tina

 Tina's Tea

Tina has taken on the challenge and has done a lovely drawing  in tea stains and suporting mediums! Tina is one of our hero teachers, and in between running online classes, home schooling her own children and running a house she has found the time to create this lovely drawing. She says:

'I painted with teas (cranberry/pomegranate, earl grey, green and blueberry), then coloured pencil. I’ve also added a rubbing from an Indian block stamp. On Bockingford sample paper, 425gsm cold press. (In hindsight, should have just left it as a tea painting.) I think this may make a nice series.....in the future - tea cups painted with tea! (Cup, saucer and plate are French Limoges c1920 which we’re a gift for my 21st from my aunt!)

Limoges teacup by Tina R.

My comment: This is lovely work Tina. I especially love the dainty lace doily you have included.  The floral work in coloured pencils sets it off nicely. You have managed the tricky ovals very well - and I looked very closely and couldn't see  any pencil lines, so full marks for doing this free hand, and with a brush. And even the shadow of the handle falling across the saucer! That shadow gives it a real 3D feel.
I also really like how you have taken the brief and run with it - expanding and adding to it to create a very nice piece. And yes, a series would be great!

Please feel free to comment below and let Tina know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I like the way you can tell the difference in texture between the lace and the porcelain even though both are very finely drawn.
    MDR

    ReplyDelete