Friday 10 June 2022

Inktober52 catch up

Whew! I have really fallen behind the eight-ball with these Inktober52 drawings. No excuses, just plain lack of motivation really. But I sat down on Thursday and started from where I left off and now I only have this weeks to do, which is:

 #23 Mountain.

But until then, here are the last four:

#18: 'World' by Linda Weil ©- the Earth map is always shown with the Northern Hemisphere prominent. Just thought I'd show it the 'right' way up as seen from space. Australia in its proper ascendance. 

#19: 'Origin' by Linda Weil © The news out of the US over the past few weeks has been very sad and disturbing - which is what influenced this take on the prompt.

#20: 'Flower' by Linda Weil © For this week's class I set a Charcoal Reductive drawing of sunflowers as the exercise. As I had a few sunflowers left from the session I thought I would try them in ink.

#21: 'Mouse' by Linda Weil © This one was easier - one of my 'Mecha-Mice' in ink.

Good news!

All three of my submissions for the Camberwell Art show were selected. So look out for them there this year at: Camberwell 2022

As well, my little echidna sculpture will be shown at the National Awards Exhibition of Miniature Art, NSW. So for all my Sydney friends, or if you Victorians are travelling north, do drop in and visit this rather wonderful exhibition

Catch ya's later!




No comments:

Post a Comment