Sunday 27 November 2022

Winner!

I attended the opening of the Australian Artists of Execellence Awards at AGRA this afternoon and was very happy to receive the Terry Collins Award for my presentation of 3 works! The judge, 
Denise Keele-Bedford, said some very nice things about my works. Apparently, I was only 2 points off the major award (darn it!), but I am very pleased to win this award. This is the second time I have won the Terry Collins and it is a big honor. Thank you to AGRA

This is a wonderful exhibition with 30 or so artists showcasing their best works. Well worth the visit!


'Voyage of the Maelstrom' one of the three winning works at the AAEA
© Linda Weil


1 comment:

  1. Awesome work, Linda. Love everything about it. I have an inexplicable liking to the looks of period maps - they seem to say a story which one doesn't get to see in modern maps. This one is so whimsical and unique at the same time. One of the kind of pieces you think you wish you did it.

    ReplyDelete