Saturday 28 January 2023

New Garner Mask

Well, today is the last day of our summer holidays. Tomorrow first term classes resume, and I am looking forward to seeing what my fellow artists have been up to over the break. I am hoping to see some sketchbooks from travels, drawings and ideas from what they have seen and maybe a few photos.

Those who follow this blog know I have been working on artworks based on the books of Alan Garner over the past few months. Last week I completed another mask based on his book The Weirdstone of Brisingamen, which was a great read and lots of fun with creepy monsters and noble heroes. 

The subject for this mask is the Svart Alfar of the Morthbrood - sort of goblin-like critters that chase the hero children and generally are pretty scary. He was fun to create! Again, I used the Paper Magiclay with acrylic overpainting and a gloss varnish - same process as used in the earlier Owl Mask a couple of posts ago. Here is the result:


Hope you enjoy! Send me a comment and let me know what you think! See ya'!


No comments:

Post a Comment