Friday 6 October 2023

Bestiary is now showing!

 Thank you to all you beautiful people who came to the opening of 'Bestiary Mechanica' on Wednesday night - it got very crowded! There was a good overflow from Cat Poljski's 'Hidden Spaces' in the main gallery to the rear room gallery where my works are on display. My visitors had to bravely thread their way through the crush to see my works. I tried to speak to each of you personally on the night, but if I missed you in the crowd, please know how much I appreciate you coming out on a wild and rainy night to see my artworks on display. 

I popped into Tacit yesterday and took a few shots to show the exhibition display (without crowds) for all my interstate and overseas readers to see - those in Victoria still have time to come until October 21 to visit in person.

Wall 1 & 2

Wall 1

Wall 3 & 2

As well as the new, framed works in this exhibition, Tacit has put out a selection of my unframed pieces for sale as well as small, framed works in the 'MechEgg' series. On this table you will also find my ideas sketchbook. This sketchbook is filled with initial ideas, thoughts and notes showing the development of the concepts before the final work. You can examine it and see all my thoughts and things that didn't make the cut.

Display table

Display table featuring Newt, the gallery dog.
Also, a peak into the smallest gallery to the right showing just a glimpse of one of Tim Bateson's wonderful 'Two of Us' works.

And a big thank you to Anne, who gave me a wonderful surprise on the night by purchasing 'Corvus'.

I encourage you to come in to see the exhibition if you can - honestly, photos don't show the level of detail or tonal/hue variations well. No need to purchase (although that would be lovely), you can browse my show, and also take in Cat Poljski, Tim Bateson and Brendon Taylor's work as well. And if you like, you can take away a beautiful full color catalogue featuring all the works for a mere $10 at the gallery.

I am always happy to meet people, and if you would like to chat, contact me via the contact box on the right and I will come in. Otherwise, I will be doing a 'meet and greet' session on Sunday, October 15, from 1 - 3pm. Notification will be sent in the next few days if you are on my contact list.

Thanks again for your support - enjoy the exhibition!


No comments:

Post a Comment