Thursday 30 September 2021

Covid #6 Challenge: Inktober 21!

 Today is the first day of Inktober!

I have decided to delay another White on White challenge until November (I hear you all cheering). Instead I want to do some Inktober drawings with you and hope you will join along. Click the link in the headline above to see the official website - but basically the idea is to do an ink drawing a day using a supplied prompt throughout October. The prompt list is:

I am not going to be too pedantic about this - I may not manage a drawing a day. And I might use a bit of pencil or watercolor wash here and there. But the majority of any drawing will be ink. 

You can use any sort of ink - dip pens, fineliners, Inktense pencils/blocks, ballpoint pens, whatever you like. I also suggest you do them all in one drawing book/pad. I am using a cheapo MontMarc visual diary I had kicking around. It's not the greatest paper but it does the job.

And if you don't think you can manage a drawing a day, then just do one a week for me. Send it to me at the usual address (or use the contact link on right) and I will post them up. Or if you really want to get involved and are on Instagram check out #Inktober or #Inktober2021 and see what a worldwide community of inky artist create.

It's lots of fun! And my first drawing for Inktober is 'Crystal' - one of my silver spoons that has an amethyst  on the finial.

'Inktober #1: Crystal' by Linda Weil

Hope some of you join in!


No comments:

Post a Comment