Friday 5 November 2021

Artist of the week: Richard Saunders

 I am looking forward to catching up with you all next week in class, at last. Those of you who I am in contact with will have received your class list - if you have not done so please use the contact button on the right and let me know and I will forward it to you.

Our theme is felines; cats of any sort, large or small, domestic or wild! And to get you in the mood, check out these cat works, a rather special concept by the UK Surrealist artist Ricard Saunders. GW put me on to his work and his topiary cats are really rather fun. Have a look at the website to see some very large green cats and watch Richard talk about his Topiary Cat concept: HERE My favorite is the cat lying on the beach. 

You can also see the official slideshow HERE

And while you are enjoying Richard's Topiary Cat, don't neglect to visit his website HERE and view some of his stunning surrealist works.

Thanks GW for introducing us all to this artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment