Friday 26 January 2024

Mornington Muster 2

 Had a great day on Wednesday at Mornington art show. Lots of nice people to take to while I demonstrated drawing techniques for 'Muster'. I worked the full day, from 10am until 4.30 so made good progress, but far from completed! Below are some step by step photos showing the process of the drawing:

1. Application of Dry Graphitint


2. Graphitint washed, and colour pencil overdrawing begun starting with the eye. I have used the Staedtler Mars Karat color pencils and Staedtler graphite pencils for this.


3. Close up of the eye

4. Dry color and graphite pencil progress

5. Close up of progress

6. Stage at the end of the day

More progress to follow as I continue to work on this drawing at my home studio.

But I did need to mention this nice surprise I found at Mornington!

A Highly Commended for my graphite drawing, 'The Grandmother Tree'.

No comments:

Post a Comment