Wednesday 4 August 2021

One more Souvenir Challenge

 I am a little late posting this one - DH sent it to me earlier in the week - but I have been caught up watching the Olympic Games. Did you see the Skateboarding!?!

But this drawing from DH is apt during these sporting times although this type of boxing is not an Olympic sport - yet. DH has sent me a well rendered i graphite work of two figurines of boy Muay Thai fighters. These cheesy little figures are a treasured gift from a Thai friend. DH has caught the action of the poses well. The shading is nicely done giving the rounded feel of ceramic. I would have liked to have seen a slight cast shadow under the work to 'ground' the boys. Overall a good drawing and not an easy subject to draw.

Muay Thai Fighters by DH

Spoons Reopens Friday, August 20

Tacit will continue the exhibition until August 28, hope to see you there!
More information HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment