Thursday 18 October 2018

Inktober 19

Indian Corn (blue maize)


Using Art Spectrum Black acrlyic ink, I created light and dark washes roughly in the positions of When each kernel of the blue/purple corn. When this dried, I worked over the image with a black 0.4 Fineliner Adel brand. These Adel pens come in a variety of colours - and as I have discovered they are not totally waterproof but will 'wash' slightly with water after putting down a line. The black pen washes to a lovely blue tone that suited this corn cob.  So I guess you could call this an Aqurelle pen? Not sure, I found it at Rossdale and it was only $1. I purchased a sepia toned one as well (you can see a previous cloud drawing Inktober 9 that uses this). Not sure what the light fastness of this pen is, but it rather fun to use. I guess it is a 'student' quality item, but the effect is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment