Monday 8 October 2018

Inktober 8 & 9

Channeling Franklin Booth


Inktober 8 - cloud study. I really love Franklin Booth's pen work. This drawing is heavily influnced/copied from some of his works, especially his 'Hills of Holland' piece. I wanted to experiment with his use of line and hatching so created this drawing while looking at 'Hills' and several other of his works. If you do not know his work have a search, it is truely stunning.


Inktober 9 - cloud study. Using what I had learned from the study of Booth's works for Inktober 8, I did my own version using a sepia toned pen. I took this photo of thunderclouds building up over Oakleigh while we were waiting for the lights to change (I was the passenger, so no laws broken!) I am enjoying these cloud studies and I think I will do some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment