Friday 8 November 2019

Road Trip sketches

 Driving Hwy 101

Just back from my fantastic roadtrip along Hwy 101, San Francisco to L.A. with my sister. Did so much, visited family and friends, shopped, dined, walked, hiked, watched whales/otters/birds (condor!), saw Hearst Castle, Missions, The Getty Center, flew starships at Disneyland and drove for miles and miles and miles. Sister drove as it is on the other side there and a bit confronting for me. So not much time for drawing, but here are a few I did manage to squeeze in:

Monterey Aquarium
These are done from 'life'. I had only brought a black Adel fineliner pen, so a licked finger was needed to wash and blend the ink






Asilomar/Monterey area
Again with the Adel pen, only I had an Aquash brush handy. This tree and view from the room at Asilomar resort. A pair of Coopers Hawks came and sat in the tree for awhile, keening and whistling to each other.


 Big Sur
Hike out to Parkington Cove and back in Big Sur - about 2.5 mile round trip down, the UP a very steep zigzag track. But worth the walk. Also spotted Anna's and Rufous Hummingbirds on the way down. Plus a very bright green hummer I cannot identify. Aquash brush, Windsor Newton Watercolour travel set, Adel sepia and black pens


Mission Santa Barbara
The Queen of the Missions on 101. Adel Sepia and Black pens, Aquash brush.



A Fantastic Trip!
(by the way, have you signed up for my Bathurst workshop yet? Deadline is the end of November!)


No comments:

Post a Comment