Saturday 18 July 2020

Drawing Prompt #11

Welcome back to the weekly drawing prompts!

I hope you have all had a nice couple of weeks break. It is sad that all classes here in Melbourne had to be cancelled due to Covid 19 lockdown - but it is somthing that we all hope we will benefit from in the long run. But to keep you motivated until this ends, I will continue with these prompts for a little while more.
The weekly prompts will continue as previously with one change. Your deadline to submit work to me for posting on this blog is now Sunday afternoon. This means that there may be some overlap as I will continue to post the new prompt on Sunday night - but as Sunday is generally my 'day off' I may not post your submitted work until the next week. The original prompt instructions are HERE if you wish to review. I would appreciate it if you reviewed these instructions, particularly with naming conventions to your art.
So, without further ado, your prompt for this week is:

SHELL

I would particularly like to see spiral shells, but clam/oyster/scallops are okay too. But the Fibbonacci spiral in a shell is a beautiful thing to observe and draw.  Some examples follow. Choice of medium is up to you but remember your backgrounds and cast shadows - have fun!

'Silver Natilus' Silverpoint on canvas by Linda Weil

'Shellgame #5' studies in shading and line using graphite pencil by Linda Weil

'Shells from Flinders Island' watercolour pencil and graphite by Linda Weil



No comments:

Post a Comment