Tuesday 28 July 2020

Drawing Prompt #12: Demo drawing

My Left Hand

Using gestural lines with a Block and Cylinder technique I have drawn you all a sketch of my very wrinkly left hand holding a threaded bolt. This was done in my A5 300gsm visal diary. Using an HB I started with a simple block with radiating lines to indicate finger directions then built up the fingers with cylinders. Some tone was added quickly with an F pencil and then blended out with a paper stump. More tone and line was built up using HB, 2B and 4B pencils. This quick drawing took around 45-60 minutes or so and I hope it inspires you to attemped drawing your left hand. (and yes, left hand will cramp!)
Feel free to critique or give your opinion in the comments box below.

'Left Hand with Bolt' by Linda Weil

No comments:

Post a Comment