Saturday 30 May 2020

Drawing Prompt #5: Tina and Silke

*Late to the party, but too good to miss!

Tina and Silke have sent in their works for Flight - and both have done a stunning job - and as they are other than birds I really think you should all see their efforts.

Tina
A beautiful Blue Banded Bee is Tina's submission this week. She has created this drawing on Bamboo paper using Inktense and Faber Castell colour pencils. Tina says she is: 'Not so happy with the grevillea or the wings or the composition...' but I disagree. A delightful drawing.

'Blue Banded Bee' by Tina

Silke
I will let Silke tell you about her work:
'My partner ...suggested the Wright Brother's Flying machine.... This is actually one of the later models, not the one they used for their first flight. I only used three coloured pencils (Polychromos) for this. In hindsight I should have scored most of the rigging so it came up as more white against the dark ground. Instead I used a little Chinese White paint to get some of the highlighted areas back.'
I think the Chinese White works fine - indenting can be tricky to get to work right. And your use of a limited palette works well for this subject. Fun to see this drawing, well done!

'The Wright Flyer' by Silke

*Please note, submissions are due by Friday evening (Saturday morning at the very latest)


No comments:

Post a Comment