Sunday 10 October 2021

Inktober 2021: #11 Sour

This one is a bit of a rift on yesterday's drawing. I enjoyed inking those sweets, especially the jelly snake. So I thought I would do mass of my favorite Sour Snake lollies!

Inktense pencils along with Blue, Green and Sepia Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens, and an Adele black pen that I washed a bit to get a nice blue shadow tone. I bought the Triplus pens a few years back in the US on my last trip (how long ago that seems), but I see that they are available at Linecraft or Officeworks if you would like to try them out. One really great thing about these pens is that they are 'drysafe' which means if you accidentally leave the cap off for a few days they don't dry out.

Sour (snakes) by Linda Weil

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

You might not be aware of this, but Inktober doesn't just run as a daily prompt during October! There is the 'Classic' Inktober which we are doing now; 31 drawings in 31 days. There is also 'Inktober 52'! Inktober 52 is a full year of drawing - one drawing a week all year long.

KB saw the Inktober '52 list and liked some of the prompts on that list, so she decided to draw the prompt for week 7: Dragonfly.

This is a lovely little work. Her delicate handling of the multipaned wings is beautifully done. I thought you all might enjoy seeing this work.

Inktober52; Week 7 'Dragonfly' by KB

No comments:

Post a Comment