Thursday 7 October 2021

Inktober 2021: #8 Watch

I've heard a whisper that one or two of you are working in ink for the first time and would like a few pointers. I found this good tip and technique article by Thomas Fluharty on the Creative Blog that is well worth a look: HERE

For a more extensive read you can download a free Pen and Ink Drawing Techniques article from the Artists Network: HERE 

Don't give up on ink, it is an expressive and fun medium to play with. Once we can return to in-person class we can review and try out a few of these ink ideas and techniques. 

As well, some are finding the prompts confronting and asked how I 'get my ideas'. I agree, some prompts are difficult and others come easier, but what I usually do is read and think about the prompt the night before drawing it. Generally I try and draw the first thing image that the prompt brings to my mind. Some work better than others, remember, the aim is to draw something every day if you can, or at least once a week!

'Watch (innards)' by Linda Weil. 
Inktense and Staedtler Mars fineliner pens.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

EM finds a little something from this flask helps her ideas along and keeps up the spirits!

'Spirit' by EM

And her 'fan' is very excited!

'Fan' by EM







No comments:

Post a Comment