Saturday 16 October 2021

Inktober 2021: #17 Collide

 I really struggled with this one. I think this was the hardest Inktober prompt I have ever done! Has anyone else tried to do this one?

It took some time thinking to come up with a concept. Originally I thought of two planets colliding, then maybe a car accident, or a duck landing on the water... when finally I recalled an image from a calendar I brought back from Yellowstone of two battling Mountain Sheep. Using that as the basis I created a stark negative/positive drawing without much fur detail. This is the result:

Collide by Linda Weil

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

KMcD noticed all the snails in her garden after the recent rains and how they have a handy roof over their heads on demand. She used Faber Castell ink pens with some color pencil to create this delightful image. I like the colors in the shell!

Roof by KM

No comments:

Post a Comment