Tuesday 26 October 2021

Inktober 2021: #27 Spark

 I'm no Michangelo, but his image of The Creation with the Spark of Life always has inspired me, so I thought I would do a study of the hands in this work. It was tricky to do in ink and the result is not quite proportionally correct, but it was an interesting study to do. To try and follow The Master's style, get the same shapes and proportions and then create the shading using cross hatching. The cracks in the plaster seemed to emulate sparks as well.

When I saw the Sistine Chapel frescos I cried, they are so beautiful. I hope to return to Rome someday to visit them again - I did throw a coin into the fountain so here is hoping!

Spark (after Michangelo) by Linda Weil

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

EM has submitted this work for Spark - a very nice composition and arrangement of elements.

Spark by EM

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

And remember that Strawberry Ice Cream Cone? - well it seems that Buddy may have been the one who dropped it! lol - SW tells me that Strawberry is Buddy's favorite flavor and he was most distraught.

Splat by SW

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

No comments:

Post a Comment