Thursday 20 August 2020

Week 15: MP

 Yes, it is a tricky prompt

When I chose this week's prompt 'Aether', I realised it was a tricky one. It is open to many interpretations. Hey, you can't all have it easy every week! I love the word... 'Aether'... Aristotle called it the fifth element (no, not Mila Jovovitch), it was thought to be the main element used in the creation of the Philosopher's Stone (nothing to do with Harry Potter), scientists used to believe it was the stuff that light moved through (even Einstien was confused by it). As an element it doesn't really exsist, it is more of a concept to create with; it is a colloquial expression of an abstract idea of the the intangible void.  To me conjurs up gentle zephyrs, starry nights and spectacular sunsets. Just like this beautiful drawing of WA Dunsborough wetlands sunset by:

MP

Using Canson 300gsm HP paper with Prismacolour watercolour pencil washes overdrawn in Prismacolour Premier pencils MP has created a glowing sunset scene. The sky is coloured with golds, reds, pinks violets and deep purples that are reflected in the water. MP says she nearly gave up half way through but I am pleased she perservered. MP has managed to catch the fleeting glory of that glorious sunset in this drawing. Nicely done!

'Dunsborough Sunset' by MP




2 comments:

  1. I love MP's sunset! Coincidentally, we just had something very similar here in the UK this evening. Then I saw MP's and I swear I can feel the cool water around my feet, and I can look up to see the sunset extending above me. It really draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed my sunset drawing.
      MP

      Delete